Constables (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR) Examination, 2018
AGE LIMIT: 18-23 years as on 01.08.2018. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1995 and later than 01.08.2000.
Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit – SC/ ST 5 years and OBC 3 years
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (as on 01.08.2018) Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION: Computer Based Examination
All candidates whose online applications are found to be in order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Examination (CBE). The Computer based examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks, with the following composition: Total Time 90 Minutes
- General Intelligence and Reasoning – 25
- General Knowledge and General Awareness- 25
- Elementary Mathematics -25
- English/ Hindi -25
The syllabus for the Examination
A. General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, nonverbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
B. General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
C. Elementary Mathematics: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
D. English/ Hindi: Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested. The questions in all the above components will be of Matriculation level.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
Admit Cards for PET/ PST and DME/ RME will be uploaded on the CRPF website http://www.crpf.gov.in. PET/ PST and DME/ RME will be conducted by various CAPFs as decided by CRPF.
Based on the performance in CBE, candidates will be shortlisted for PET/ PST by the Commission. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST) will be conducted at various centres finalized by the CAPFs. Detailed scrutiny of candidates’ eligibility/ documents will be undertaken at the time of DME. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidates to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for CBE/ PST/ PET. During PET/ PST, candidates who are found eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric/ technology aided identification. Scrutiny of eligibility of candidates for any relaxation i.e. age, height and chest measurement will be carried out after qualifying PET (race) before PST by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
- For Male candidates Race 5 Kms in 24 minutes
- For Female candidates 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
Physical Standard Test (PST): Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable/Rifleman are:
- General, SC & OBC candidates (except those mentioned below) 170 Cm
- Male 170 Cm
- Female 157 Cm
- The minimum height for all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes
- ST Male 162.5 Cm
- ST Female 150 CM
- Chest: Chest (in cms: ) Male General, SC & OBC male candidates (except those mentioned below) 80 Cm( Unexpanded) / 5 Cm Minimum expansion
- The minimum chest for all male candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes 76 Cm ( Unexpanded) / 5 Cm Minimum expansion
- Chest measurement for Female candidates will not be taken. However, it should be ascertained that the chest is well developed.
Medical Examination: Candidates will be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) from the pool of candidates who qualify PET/ PST. At the time of DME, following documents will be verified:
- (i) Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate to prove age, name and educational qualification.
- (ii) Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority.
- (iii) Certificate from serving defense personnel in the format prescribed at AnnexureIV of the notice.
- (iv) Undertaking in the format prescribed in Annexure-V from Ex-Servicemen candidates regarding completion of engagement in Armed Forces.
- (v) Caste Certificate in the format prescribed at Annexure-VI and VII of the notice from the candidates seeking reservation/ age relaxation.
- (vi) Certificate from candidates who wish to avail relaxation in height/ chest measurement as prescribed in Annexure-VIII of the notice.
- (vii) Certificate from District Collector/ District Magistrate in respect of dependent applicants of riot victims as mentioned in category 04/ 05/ 06 under Para-4 (B) of the Notice.
- (viii) Nativity/ Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee in the format prescribed at Annexure-XIV of the notice.
Full Notification Constables (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR) Examination, 2018notice_eng_constable_24072018
Download : Constables (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR) Examination, 2018
Important Notice for Selected candidates : Constable GD in CAPF
Constable GD : Uploading of Final Answer Key by SSC
SSC Leak India Constable Recruitment